Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's Only Taken Me Two Years

I start my third year of college tomorrow morning at 8am. Most people fall in love with their school or at least some experience they are having in college within the first year (sometimes first week), but my experience has been quite different. My freshman year I wanted to leave more than anything, but stuck it out. Sophomore year I was fine, but still not really excited about it.

Sophomore year changed everything. God answered a huge prayer in my life and provided me with not only a small, close group of girls but also with a floor full of girls that brought so much joy to my life and I consider them very dear friends. God is so faithful and His timing is perfect. Freshman year I needed Him not more people and He knew that. Sophomore year, I needed those relationships along with Him. I'm so blessed by who God has placed in my life to be my closest friends. They are women (and some men) that follow hard after God and daily seek to fix their eyes on what really matters... Christ.

Junior year is starting out beautifully and I am full of hope for an even brighter next couple of years. I moved into my first apartment with my 3 best friends and already God is revealing his divine purpose and plan in it. We need each other and we know it.

My roommate and I talked last night about our feelings of restlessness and anxiety and she showed me an Amy Carmichael devotional she had just started reading. The page and a half was devoted to being at home in Christ. No matter where our physical bodies are, or how little we know about where we are going, we are home. May we daily be reminded of what really matters. Christ.

I had heard this before and saw it again on a friends facebook. It clearly sums up what our lives should look like as Christians. Be encouraged my friends, Christ is near and ever so capable of accomplishing what needs to be done in our lives and hearts.

"Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit, Christ when I stand, Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me, Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me, Christ in every eye that sees me, Christ in every ear that hears me. - St. Patrick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I just wanted you to know I was reading your blog. Lovely post.