Monday, November 23, 2009

Change is Good... I guess.

People say change is a good thing and I guess they are right some of the time. Some of the time change is good and yet it makes you cry. This weekend some very difficult change happened in my life. My pastor and his family have decided that it is time for them to move on and for that reason I am very sad. Last night we said goodbye to them as a church and it was a really sweet time of sharing memories, stories, and best wishes. Oh yeah, and a lot of people cried. A lot. 

When I think about the kind of woman I want to be several women come to mind. One of them is Robin Sidders. She has handled more difficulty in the past 5 or 6 years than most people I know, with incredible grace, compassion, and love. She battled cancer and several surgeries and I don't think she ever said a negative word about her situation. She always had a kind word for whoever she spoke to and she has faithfully and graciously stood by her husband through the difficulties that come with being a pastor. I pray that some day I can be the kind of wife she is. No matter what was thrown at her Robin never wavered in her faith and she always managed to find something to laugh about and be grateful for. Robin, I don't think you read this, but I want you to know how much you mean to me. You have influenced me more than you could ever know and I love you very much. I hope that I can handle my life the way that you have handled yours to this point. 

Thank you Robin and Greg, thank you thank you thank you. 

No comments: